Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fine Dining With an Edge

From Top Chef to Hell's Kitchen and from Tom Cholicchio and Anthony Bourdain to Gordon Ramsey, just to name a few, these chefs and fine food shows have intrigued me and inspire me to learn and try new ways to eat out and prepare food at home. My research paper will include all the history behind fine dining since the french revolution to pop culture evolution. Why did fine dining become very popular in the United States and how does it relate to pop culture? We are filled with t.v. shows looking for the next big chef who is able to prepare simple foods filled with flavor and with an edge. Fusion foods, mix and matching flavors, plate decor, all of these can only be part of an art, the art of cuisine.

1 comment:

  1. Daniela, I can relate to you when you said that those TV shows inspire you to learn new ways to prepare food, because most of the time I am the one who cooks at home and I am always looking for new ways to prepare food so my girls don't get bore of eating the same food.

    ReplyDelete